Gold Coast Creative Beach Escape
Departures: TO BE ADVISED
* Depart subject to COVID-19 travel restrictions - currently only open to Australian travellers
6 night day small group textiles and craft immersion tour
Burleigh Beach, Gold Coast Queensland
$2,390 per person in a single room
Following the great response to our first Creative Beach Escape in Ballina we are happy to announce a second trip for our Australian travellers - this time to the sunny beaches of the Gold Coast.
Join us for a week of creative hands-on workshops with local textile and fibre artists staying in gorgeous private beach front apartments.
Shibori, Indio dyes and sashiko embroidery: Spend 2 days with a master shibori artist learning how to make and use an indigo dye vat and learn the various types of shibori techniques including: Kanoko Shibori (The Bound-Resist Technique); Arashi Shibori (The Pole-Wrapping Technique); Itajime Shibori (The Shape-Resist Technique) ; Kumo Shibori (The Pleat-and-Bind Technique ) and Nui Shibori (The Stitch-Resist Technique). we will also learn the basic techniques fo sashiko embroidery.
Papermaking and book binding: Spend a fun day learning the art of making paper, flowers pressing and how to create a journal using embossing and book binding techniques.
Slow Stitching: We spend a day learning about the magic of the slow stitch movement and improv quilting and how this mediative type of stitching and embroidery can be used to create unique and beautiful textile projects.
Core basket weaving: Create a beautiful and useful basket using raffia, fabric, yarn or string and learn the various stitches and crochet techniques that can be used.
Starts and Finishes: Burleigh Beach, Gold Coast, QLD
Dates: TO BE ADVISED
Departs: Minimum of 6 Maximum 7
Cost: No single room supplement
Single room $2390 per person
(if 2 friends wanting to share a room $1950 per person)
Inclusions: 6 nights single bedroom, 5 lunches; 2 dinners, daily morning and afternoon tea; all workshop fees and materials included.
Staying COVID-19 safe
- This tour has a maximum of only 6 to 7 participants. Accommodation is spread across a group of private 3 bedroom / 2 bathroom apartments. Each apartment is equipped with a full kitchen and laundry facilities and will be shared by only 3 people (or 4 where if there are 2 friends willing to share a bedroom).
- Venues will allow for safe social distancing during workshops and strict health and hygiene practices will be in place throughout our time together, including eating home cooked meals where possible.
- Breakfast each day is self-catered to avoid buffet breakfasts and allow for everyone to start their day in their own time with an early morning beach walk or a leisurely breakfast on your balcony overlooking the water.
- Transport to and from workshop venues will be by private vehicle.
- Participants will be required to sign a COVID-19 health declaration prior to commencing the tour